Absence Ace Server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Absence Ace Server

Arma 3 A.C.E.

TeamSpeak Server 213.160.156.80

3 posters

ACE Fatigue | Hunger, thirst and bleeding indicators | ACE medical system (?) |

TheHumanTarget6
    TheHumanTarget6

Дата регистрации : 2014-08-31

ACE Fatigue | Hunger, thirst and bleeding indicators | ACE medical system (?) |  Empty ACE Fatigue | Hunger, thirst and bleeding indicators | ACE medical system (?) |

Post by TheHumanTarget6 Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:21 am

The fatigue system is currently very overpowered. I'll be weighing 16kg and run for literally 5 steps before becoming extremely out of breath and beginning to black out. Compared to the vanilla ACE this is extremely exaggerated and makes it very annoying to travel without a vehicle or even when you're trying to escape from zombies as you'll fall over instantly and get attacked.

This brings me onto my second point. The HUD is lacking in a lot of indicators such as the hunger, thirst and bleeding indicators. The lack of knowing if you are hungry or thirsty is obviously a problem as you'll starve to death without even knowing it but not knowing if you're bleeding is a major problem as the only way to tell is to look at yourself in third person which is rather immersion breaking.

On the subject of bleeding the addition of ACE is awesome but the ACE medical system is removed, which is rather upsetting. What I was thinking was you could enable the ACE medical system and replace the regular medical spawn items with the ACE ones. The medical box could also be replaced with the ACE medical box.
    long range
    long range
    Admin

Дата регистрации : 2013-10-07

ACE Fatigue | Hunger, thirst and bleeding indicators | ACE medical system (?) |  Empty Re: ACE Fatigue | Hunger, thirst and bleeding indicators | ACE medical system (?) |

Post by long range Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:16 am

TheHumanTarget6 wrote:The fatigue system is currently very overpowered. I'll be weighing 16kg and run for literally 5 steps before becoming extremely out of breath and beginning to black out. Compared to the vanilla ACE this is extremely exaggerated and makes it very annoying to travel without a vehicle or even when you're trying to escape from zombies as you'll fall over instantly and get attacked.

The fatigue system is not overpowered. The fatigue system in ACE depends on players class. Civils has most poorest fatigue multiplier. So I made stamina to depends on your humanity level. The more humanity level the more stamina you have. The are 5 positions of raise of stamina: 10k, 25k, 50k, 100k, 150k.

This brings me onto my second point. The HUD is lacking in a lot of indicators such as the hunger, thirst and bleeding indicators. The lack of knowing if you are hungry or thirsty is obviously a problem as you'll starve to death without even knowing it but not knowing if you're bleeding is a major problem as the only way to tell is to look at yourself in third person which is rather immersion breaking.

You dont need this indicators. You rather eat and drink every two hours, or you can tell it by shakings of you character - you just need to used to it. As for bleeding - you can watch in direction of your legs and spot the bleeding when you are. Same for other indicators.

The game is more balanced then you can imagine. Absence is most hardest mod of all dayz mods.  And if you dont like how its hard, then you just dont need it. The mod itself was made for ACE veterans not for dayz players.

On the subject of bleeding the addition of ACE is awesome but the ACE medical system is removed, which is rather upsetting. What I was thinking was you could enable the ACE medical system and replace the regular medical spawn items with the ACE ones. The medical box could also be replaced with the ACE medical box.

It was removed 'cause it disbalanced the game. Dayz medical system is more advanced then ACE wounds.
    TheHumanTarget6
    TheHumanTarget6

ACE Fatigue | Hunger, thirst and bleeding indicators | ACE medical system (?) |  Empty Re: ACE Fatigue | Hunger, thirst and bleeding indicators | ACE medical system (?) |

Post by TheHumanTarget6 Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:15 pm

long range wrote:
    The fatigue system is not overpowered. The fatigue system in ACE depends on players class. Civils has most poorest fatigue multiplier. So I made stamina to depends on your humanity level. The more humanity level the more stamina you have. The are 5 positions of raise of stamina: 10k, 25k, 50k, 100k, 150k.

Oh, that's cool. I didn't realize it worked like that.

long range wrote:
    You dont need this indicators. You rather eat and drink every two hours, or you can tell it by shakings of you character - you just need to used to it. As for bleeding - you can watch in direction of your legs and spot the bleeding when you are. Same for other indicators.

The game is more balanced then you can imagine. Absence is most hardest mod of all dayz mods.  And if you dont like how its hard, then you just dont need it. The mod itself was made for ACE veterans not for dayz players.

Even ACE has indicators such as the red flashing around the screen and the increase as the bleeding intensifies and the white flashing for pain. If I were bleeding in real life I'd feel the blood and if I were hit I'd feel the pain but that's not possible to do in a game as you can't feel what the character feels. This is why there are indicators, both direct as the vanilla DayZ mod does or subtle as ACE does.

True, I don't need indicators, but removing the ability to easily tell if I'm wounded or if there is something wrong with me is like removing the nervous system from my body. Sure I can keep on checking myself every now and again to make sure I haven't ended up with a gaping hole in my chest but I'm almost certain I'd be able to notice a wound without first having to look myself over every time I walk near a tree so I haven't accidentally impaled myself on it...
    long range
    long range
    Admin

Post by long range Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:52 pm

The screen flashes every time you were hit, so its no so hard to notice when you are hit - you need to bandage yourself..
    And for future.. For those who want to suggest to make the mod easier - i will ignore this massages...
    We are searching the way to make it even harder then it is now.
    TheHumanTarget6
    TheHumanTarget6

Post by TheHumanTarget6 Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:38 pm

long range wrote:The screen flashes every time you were hit, so its no so hard to notice when you are hit - you need to bandage yourself..
    And for future.. For those who want to suggest to make the mod easier - i will ignore this massages...
    We are searching the way to make it even harder then it is now.

The screen flashes when you're hit and sometimes doesn't flash at all, this also does not notify you of bleeding it simply means you've been hit, which revolves back around to the 'My whole nervous system has been removed' problem. Not only that but only the ACE stamina was a suggestion that would make it easier and that was only because I was not aware of the humanity system you had implemented with it. The whole indicator fiasco is more a practicality for situation awareness that the character you play as would normally have but cannot display naturally, although that's beside the point as you've stated that you only wish to have suggestions that will make the mod harder. I'll keep that in mind if I make a suggestion again.
    long range
    long range
    Admin

Post by long range Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:42 am

In real life when you are hit, you feel the pain, the pain overrides other feelings so you dont know you are bleeding if you dont check your wound. Game will tell you when you are wounded by sounds that your character will do and by screen flashes. Is it so hard to notice when you are hit? You just need to watch and listen.
    DragonSoldier
    DragonSoldier

Дата регистрации : 2014-09-08

Post by DragonSoldier Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:54 am

I happen to agree with long range on this me and my group absolutely love playing on the server as it is. I mean its first server or mod ive played on were ai are actually a challenge more so then other players. All in all its a blast just rember to watch your 6 and your golden. Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:01 pm